[WT-support] PTT on COM port and WINKEY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 18 20:11:06 CET 2011

Hi Saty,

I don't understand completely what you mean by "latch mode."  Do you want to
control headphone switching via COM port pins or the OTRSP protocol?  Do you
want both headphones to be put on the non-transmit radio when Win-Test is
sending CW via the Winkey?

It sounds like you have CW and PTT working OK, but just need help with
headphone switching.  In Win-Test:

   1. Options | Interface configuration (shortcut:  SETUP [Enter] )
   2. COM6: OTRSP compatible device
   -or-
   COM7: Other Device
   You can then press the [Configure] button and set RTS and DTR to
   "Headphone control" or "Stereo Rx Audio"

Maybe you can explain in more detail what you are trying to do, what works
and what does not work.

Did you set up the Advanced SO2R Scenarios (Options | Modify the
scenarios)?  Did you use the $LATCH message variable?  It is normally only
used on phone because when used on CW you won't be able to hear what you are
sending with the paddles.