[WT-support] PTT on COM port and WINKEY

Satoshi Nakamura 9m6na at jsfc.org
Tue Jan 18 13:56:50 CET 2011

Now I am converting myself into Win-Test user so as my SO2R station
setup.

For SO2R control, I use WINKEY2 for CW/PTT switching and a homebrew SO2R
box incorporating SO2Rxlat board for headphone switching.  (As a CW man,
I do not need microphone switching.  Hi)

In addition to PTT1 and PTT2 on WINKEY2, another PTT signal is needed on
2nd serial port of SO2Rxlat for turning on/off latch mode.
However, it seems that no PTT signal can be present on a COM port, if
WINKEY is already there.

My interface configuration:
COM3 Rig1 Icom radio
COM4 Rig2 Icom radio
COM5 WINKEY2
COM6 SO2rxlat (OTSRP device) 1st serial port
COM7 SO2rxlat (OTSRP device) 2nd serial port (DTR:handshake, RTS:PTT)

Is there any possibility for activating PTT signal on COM7 in this
configuration?  Or do I need to hardwire a PTT signal from WINKEY2?

Any advice would be appreciated very much.

73,

Saty JE1JKL