[WT-support] Edit QSO Alt-F

Bjorn LB1GB lb1gb at la8w.com
Fri Dec 2 20:40:42 CET 2011

Hi all,

As some of you know we have problem that the 2nd radio logs the wrong
frequency after a band change. It's not consistent except it happens
after 2-3 band changes and only for the first QSO on the new band.
It's doesn't matter if I changed band 1 or 10 minutes ago. It will log
the frequency where the other rig was on, not the last QSO. This time
I made two changes. Upgrade to 4.9.1 and running through Omnirig.
Always changed band with Alt-F1/F2. Sometimes I had to press Alt-F1/F2
multiple time to make it go to next band.

Now to what I was going to say ;-)

Alt-F: Edit QSO. I know what the docs says about editing frequency vs
band. So we are stuck with useless/faulty.wt4 files, since band is
logged correctly while frequency is wrong. You can't edit a eg. 1802
entry which says band 80 to a 3502 frequency band 80. This is really
annoying when something like this happens. We have to edit the
cabrillo files before sending them to contest organizer. I believe
many like us like to keep the wt4 files for future reference, playing
off sound etc... If we again want to generate a cabrillo for some
reason, again we have to find the faulty contacts and edit the
cabrillo. Any possibility to open up the edit function to do what a
edit function is supposed to do, and not policing what people want to
edit?

73 Bjorn LB1GB/LN8W