[WT-support] Fwd: Microham u2R behavior with Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Dec 2 20:07:15 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at gmail.com> wrote:

> The delay occurs when INSERT ($LOGGEDCALL$F2)  key is pushed ? (The delay
>> happens between LOGGEDCALL and the "599").
>>
>> I remark that I don't have any additional space nor a ^ that could be
>> causing this delay between the Call and the $F2.
>>

>> José CT1BOH measured this delay (@40WPM) and the spacing between
>> $LOGGEDCALL and $F2 is 300mS when it should be around 90mS!!

You really have to use the microHAM Router's built-in RS-232 message
monitor to see what commands are being sent to the WinKey when you press
INSERT.  Press the MON button on the Ports tab, next to the WinKey port,
then press Insert in Win-Test and save the command trace.

This may be a WinKey issue, or an issue with the way that Win-Test talks to
the WinKey (sending one character at a time).

One thing to try:

Change the INSERT message so that everything is all together in one spot,
no speed jumps.

$LOGGEDCALL$RST$ZONE

Does the delay disappear?  Then try adding the speed jumps:

$LOGGEDCALL++++$RST----$ZONE

Problem re-appear?