[WT-support] Fwd: Microham u2R behavior with Win-Test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Dec 2 19:54:14 CET 2011

I did not experience any message delay issues when using the u2R firmware
2.05 and Router version 7.7.5 with Win-Test at W7RN during the ARRL
Sweepstakes, but I wasn't sending at 40 WPM, and my log only had 1300 QSOs,
and I was using $QSOB4 and NOWORKDUPE.

Which version of u2R firmware and Router software are you using?  You
cannot download the versions I used from the microHAM web site; you have to
ask W4TV to send them to you.  Every user of Win-Test with a micro2R really
needs them too.

Does the INSERT message contain $LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2 or just $LOGGED
something else?  Is Options CW Work Dupes *un*-checked?  Maybe it needs to
be *checked*, especially if $QSOB4 is missing from the message, but I'm not
sure.

What is in the $F2 message?  $RST$ZONE or ++++$RST$ZONE----?  The WinKey
does not handle speed jumps well when using Win-Test.  If you take away the
"++++" and "----", or move them to the INSERT message, does the problem go
away?

Did you select Options | WinKey Configuration | Short spaces (CT space), in
both Win-Test and the microHAM WinKey tab?  Is Auto space checked in both
dialogs?  Is the WinKey PTT Lead/Tail both set to 0 in both places?