[WT-support] wt lame error - 2

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Thu Aug 25 20:04:43 CEST 2011

Thank you for the advice. As the station is outside I sometimes can not respond in a timely manner, sorry.
I have another laptop with Windows 2000. Here it was working. After some investigation it was very simple. For some odd reason I tested at the station with DX Expedition All Modes having MMTTY in the background which used the soundcard. Sorry for the bandwidth. On the other hand the Exception is somewhat misleading (...unsupported waveform-audio format...)...

But I got another problem:
The soundcard has to input sources: line in and mic. On line in is the audio output form the transceiver connected, which is supposed to be for the contest recorder.
On mic is a microphone connected, which is at least supposed to record the text messages (F1, ...); according to http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Interfaces#Sound_Card it could be used to route the mic through the soundcard to the transceiver (line out is connected to the mic input of the transceiver).

As input sources for the soundcard I can either choose between line in and mic.

If I choose mic I can record (and play) text messages and route the mic to the transceiver. This is working fine.

But then I can not use the contest recorder as he gets the signal from the mic...

If I choose line in the contest recorder records the audio signal from the transceiver, but I can not route the mic to the transceiver or record a new text message, because mic is not the input source.
Is this supposed to be the case because of limitation of the soundcard, is there a special technique do this or did I overlook something?
In the latter case I can play a previously recorded text message using F1. But if I press Shift-F1 to record a message (which does not make much sense, since Line In is the source) I get on SOME computers: Exception in LIBDVK: waveInOpen in LIBDVK_onStartRecording: Specified resource is already allocated. - which is surprisingly, because I would expect it on either all or no computers. Any idea?

Further Win-Test give the message that an error protocol will be saved. Where is this located (and named)? I could not find such a file.

73,

Andy, DK4WA