[WT-support] memory macros for the TS-590

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 22 20:40:36 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Steef PA2A <pa2a at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> **
> Is there a way to use the ssb voice memories of the Kenwood TS-590 via
> macro 's the same way as with the K3? Pressing F1 would then start the
> recorded message in the transceiver.

Yes, see this post<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-July/081430.html>
from
three weeks ago.

Just take the K3 scripts from http://bit.ly/wtscripts and
modify PlayHalt.wts and PlayM1.wts to PlayM4.wts, changing one line in each,
(the line with wtRadio:send command) as follows:

PlayHalt.wts:

wtRadio:Send("PB0;");

PlayM1.wts:

wtRadio:Send("PB1;");

PlayM2.wts:

wtRadio:Send("PB2;");

etc.

Note:  The TS-590 command documentation is somewhat unclear, so if PB1;
doesn't work, try using PB1000; instead.

If you can make it work, I will try to modify the K3 scripts so they will
work with either the K3 or TS-590.  I have no TS-590 to test so please do
try it and let me know.