[WT-support] URGENT PLEASE HELP!!

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 30 01:48:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is if there is a way to transmit CW via USB or via CAT? DTR or
> RTS?

Yes, and it will work for fixed messages like [F1] - [F4], but not for
messages with variables such as callsigns (like INSERT), because there is no
way to get the callsign typed in the logging window into a LUA script. :-(

Since Kenwood and Elecraft share many CAT commands, you can set the internal
keyer speed of the radio using the same scripts I built for the Elecraft K3.
 Download K3scripts.zip from http://bit.ly/wtscripts . Read the
Readme_K3scripts.zip file for detailed installation instructions.

The following scripts should work with the TS-590 unmodified, assuming your
CAT port is connected and working properly with Win-Test.

  -- K3 internal CW keyer synchronization (see K3KeyerScripts.png)
 Suggested Key

  setK3KeyerSpeed.wts - Internal script called by the following
(none)
  AltF9.wts    - Slow down Win-Test and K3 internal CW keyer          Alt-F9

  AltF10.wts   - Speed up Win-Test and K3 internal CW keyer
Alt-F10
  AltV.wts     - Set exact K3 and Win-test internal CW keyer speed    Alt-V

  PageDown.wts - Slow down Win-Test and K3 internal CW keyer
 PageDown
  PageUp.wts   - Speed up Win-Test and K3 internal CW keyer           PageUp

But these won't send any CW, they'll just set the keyer speed.

Using Tools  | Scripts Manager, try creating the following two-line script
named SendCQ (SendCQ.wts), and assign it to F1.

wtRadio:Send("KY CQ CR6K;");
return -1;

If that doesn't work, you may need to pad the message to a fixed width of
exactly 24 characters, like this:

wtRadio:Send("KY CQ CR6K                ;");
return -1;

The Kenwood TS-590
Command<http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/pdf/ts_590_pc_command_e.pdf>documentation
is a little hard to follow.

If that works, do the same for F2 (msg), F3 (TU), and F4.  Sorry, there is
no way to "speed up" and "slow down" inside a message (+++ and --- are not
going to work).

When a station calls, you will have to send the callsign with the paddles,
then press Ft.

Finally you'll need one script to assign to the Escape key to halt the CW,
name it Stop.wts:

wtRadio:Send("KY0;");
return 0;

And another one for logging QSOs and sending TU, name it QSL.wts and assign
it to the PLUS key:

wtRadio:Send("KY TU CR6K;");
return 0;

Please let me know if this works at all.  If not, maybe you can use use the
radio's memory keyer for messages (perhaps easier):

Halt playback:

wtRadio:Send("PB0;");
return 0;

Play memory keyer message 1: