[WT-support] Little help with LUA-stuff

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 23:11:04 CEST 2010

Hi Bob et al.

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> Thanks, this sounds like an excellent enhancement that will definitely
> simplify things.  QRX for Version 3 of the PSE QSY scripts after some
> testing.
>
> Is there a wtKeyer:Play API that works the same way (synchronously)?
> Ideally it wouldn't return until the message completed, or Escape halted
> the CW.  It could then return "true" if the CW message completed, or
> "false" if it was interrupted.

If the wtKeyer:Play was working synchronously, it would block all other
actions in the main thread of Win-Test, meaning that you couldn't even
use the keyboard, click a window etc...

But, if you want to "mimic" it, it's pretty easy.

-- bPlaying.wts

if (wtArg == 1) then
   bPlaying = 1;
else
   bPlaying = nil;
end;

CW message :

#@BPLAYING(1) BLAH BLAH BLAH #BPLAYING()

-- esc.wts (assigned to the Esc key)

if (wtApp:IsPostKeyProcess()) then
   if (bPlaying ~= nil) then
     wtApp:AlertBox("Message Interrupted");
   end;
else
   return 1; -- Triggers a post key process call
end;

Of course, you can use any global variable name.

Also, in a next release (maybe the next nightly build), you will be able
to include scripts calls in the $QSOB4 variable.

> Finally, I see in the wt_dev Release.txt that you have also added the
> wtStatus API to make it possible to automate PSE QSY messages at a multi-op:
>
> - wtStatus:GetFreq(strBand[, strMode]) returns the "best" pass freq for
> a given band and mode.
>
> How is "best" defined?  Same search priority as $FREQnn (R, R+, M,  and
> M+)?  If it always goes to the PASSFREQ, that is not what I would want
> it to do.  Most often one would pass stations to the Run frequency of
> the Primary Run radio on that band.  Also, I don't remember how to
> delete a PASSFREQ once it gets set.  Typing PASSFREQ and deleting the
> frequency and press OK doesn't seem to have any effect in manual mode
> (which is what you do when you don't have an RS-232 line available to
> control a rig).

It is defined the same way as the $FREQnn variable, only relying on the
RUN freq. But, with the new APIs provided, you can tailor the algorithm
as you want.

Regarding the pass frequencies, I thought it was possible with the
dialog you mentioned. I will check it - It looks like no one ever wanted
to clear it since almost 10 years ;-)