[WT-support] Little help with LUA-stuff

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 16 01:13:29 CEST 2010

This seems like it will work OK for CW, but it still doesn't provide a
work-around for the Escape key problem when operating Phone (or RTTY),
described below and in Task #289.

I don't understand why this can't be fixed for all modes (no custom scripts
required).  You don't need an SO2R box to recreate the problem, just watch
the red RX/TX "LEDs" in the secondary radio window.

Scenario for *secondary radio*:

    F1:  $R1R1 $F1 $R2R2
INSERT:  $R1R1 $INSERT $R2R2
  PLUS:  $R1R1 $PLUS $R2R2

    F1:  CQ F6FVY F6FVY
INSERT:  $LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $GUESSEXCH $F2
  PLUS:  $CORRECT TU F6FVY

Set focus to secondary radio window via [CapsLock], then press Escape after
pressing F1, INSERT or PLUS, and you are stuck listening to radio 1 instead
of radio 2.

Get called by a dupe, and you are stuck listening to radio 1 instead of
radio 2.

If a message is interrupted, either by $QSOB4 or pressing Escape, the rest
of the CW/RTTY message should just be ignored, *except* for all of $R2R2
focus commands, which should still be respected.

In sum, Advanced SO2R is kind of broken right now in Win-Test:

http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=205 - QSOB4 leaves you
listening to wrong radio
http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=264 - Can't use
secondary radio to announce serial numbers on phone
(side effect of fix for task
#137<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=137&do=details>reported
by OH2UA for Alternating CQs, now closed)
http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=289 - Escape key always
puts both ears on primary radio
(also a side effect of the fix for task #137, perhaps).