[WT-support] Little help with LUA-stuff

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Sep 15 20:24:00 CEST 2010

Laurent,

Thanks, this sounds like an excellent enhancement that will definitely
simplify things.  QRX for Version 3 of the PSE QSY scripts after some
testing.

Is there a wtKeyer:Play API that works the same way (synchronously)?
Ideally it wouldn't return until the message completed, or Escape halted the
CW.  It could then return "true" if the CW message completed, or "false" if
it was interrupted.

Why would I need this?  The $QSOB4 message variable is unusable in Advanced
SO2R mode today, because it can put both ears on the wrong radio (see Task
#205 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=205> opened over
two years ago and still not addressed).  There is also a similar Advanced
SO2R bug with the Escape key, which can also leave you listening to the
wrong radio (see Task
#289<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=289>opened a
few days ago).  I wrote a simple script to work around the latter
problem, but it only works on CW.  I can't write my own #QSOB4 script to
work around the first problem until a synchronous playback API is provided.

Of course both bugs should be fixed in the Win-Test code, but since the
developers don't have any time to work on certain areas of the code these
days, I'm trying to figure out some way to get around these issues.

Finally, I see in the wt_dev Release.txt that you have also added the
wtStatus API to make it possible to automate PSE QSY messages at a multi-op:

- wtStatus:GetFreq(strBand[, strMode]) returns the "best" pass freq for a
given band and mode.

How is "best" defined?  Same search priority as $FREQnn (R, R+, M,  and
M+)?  If it always goes to the PASSFREQ, that is not what I would want it to
do.  Most often one would pass stations to the Run frequency of the Primary
Run radio on that band.  Also, I don't remember how to delete a PASSFREQ
once it gets set.  Typing PASSFREQ and deleting the frequency and press OK
doesn't seem to have any effect in manual mode (which is what you do when
you don't have an RS-232 line available to control a rig).