[WT-support] Little help with LUA-stuff

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 11:40:57 CEST 2010

Hi Bob et al.

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> Ok here is version 2 (attached).  You should be able to spin the
> Secondary Radio dial while the PSE QSY is sending.

(snip)

> Unfortunately
> the "?" can't be placed after the call to #FREQS(0) as Laurent already
> mentioned.

To make life easier, I modified the way the scripts are handled in the
CW and RTTY messages. From rev. 412, they are now called *synchronously*
by default.

It means that if you have

AAA #SCRIPT BBB

the keyer now sends AAA, launches the script script.wts, idles and
*waits* the script to be fully executed and returning, and once done,
continues, and sends BBB. If for some reason, you want to revert to the
previous behavior, you use the #@SCRIPT notation : In this later case,
the script is called asynchronously (the keyer doesn't idle nor waits).

I also introduced a new API wtKeyer:Insert(strMessage) to insert a
string in the CW/RTTY message when used in the synchroneous mode. The
string is inserted right in the place where the keyer idles.

It means that PSE QSY-- #FREQS(x) ++ ? can now work easily.

Note : ONLY textual data can be inserted : It is not parsed, and thus
_no_ variable (or script call) can be used. The +/- speed bursts are
allowed (in CW).

Hope this helps.