[WT-support] Couple of Issues During WAE SSB

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 07:18:06 CEST 2010

Thanks to those who responded to my question about changing the SSB Tempo.

I did encounter a couple of other issues during the SSB WAE SSB this
weekend.

1) Certain Russian Federation callsigns (RG5A, RM5A, and RT5G) were
displayed in the CHECKCALL ERROR color.  I downloaded and installed the
V4.5.1 Update, and then the V4.6.0 DEV nightly update version before the
Contest.  I also downloaded the latest CTY_WT_MOD.DAT file via the
OPTIONS-DATA FILES-COUNTRY FILES mechanism.  Do I need to update some other
file??  I'd like to know before I set up another stations for the CQ WW
Contests.  I experienced this same problem during the IARU Contest.

2) Because of my puny signal, I waited to send QTC to several strong
stations that I had already QSO'ed.  I was uncertain how to make certain
that this stations callsign was associated with the QTC Group.  I ended up
logging their calls with a Serial Number of "000".  The QTC sent and the
Callsign of the Recipient are correct in my Cabrillo, but the Group Numbers
are very screwy.  How should this situation (sending QTC to a station
already in the log) be handled next year?

Thanks and 73 -- Dave, W9ZRX