[WT-support] Couple of Issues During WAE SSB

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 13 10:01:59 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Dave Zeph <zephd at indy.rr.com> wrote:

> 1) Certain Russian Federation callsigns (RG5A, RM5A, and RT5G) were
> displayed in the CHECKCALL ERROR color.  I downloaded and installed the
> V4.5.1 Update, and then the V4.6.0 DEV nightly update version before the
> Contest.  I also downloaded the latest CTY_WT_MOD.DAT file via the
> OPTIONS-DATA FILES-COUNTRY FILES mechanism.  Do I need to update some other
> file??

Yes, you need to download an updated callsign.pat file, which should be
saved in the /extras directory.  The last update was July 4th, 2010, and it
includes new patterns for all of the callsigns mentioned.

It looks like someone forgot to include the new callsign.pat file in the
Win-Test 4.5.1 "full" distribution, as well as the others.  Hopefully they
will correct that in the next release (WT 4.6.0).

Once you update the callsign.pat file, you will need to restart Win-Test (or
run REOPENNOW) before it will be used.

You can download the latest callsign.pat from
here<http://download.win-test.com/files/extra/callsign.pat>
.

More info. on this Wiki
page<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Tools#Callsign_check>
.

> 2) Because of my puny signal, I waited to send QTC to several strong
> stations that I had already QSO'ed.  I was uncertain how to make certain
> that this stations callsign was associated with the QTC Group.  I ended up
> logging their calls with a Serial Number of "000".  The QTC sent and the
> Callsign of the Recipient are correct in my Cabrillo, but the Group Numbers
> are very screwy.  How should this situation (sending QTC to a station
> already in the log) be handled next year?

Just enter the EU callsign in the logging window again, and press Ctrl-L to
send the second or third set of QTCs.  They will be numbered correctly
(Win-Test remembers and displays all the prior QTCs already sent to that
station).  When you are finished sending the second or third set of QTCs,
press [+] to close the QTC window.  Then hit F11 to erase the callsign; no
need to log him again if it is a dupe, since no received serial no. is being
received (except for the first QSO).

Maybe you can give an example of the wrong group numbers?  Are you seeing
that in the Cabrillo file?