[WT-support] Feature Request for multi-ops: Send a "PSE QSY" message to pass multipliers

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 13 21:08:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> Very honestly, if you accept to send a 1/2 kHz (...R5) freq, I don't see
> why you don't accept to send 100 Hz accurate frequencies (...Rn) ?

The goal is to send the "R5" only 50% of the time or less ( .3, .4, .5, .6,
.7) instead of 90% of the time as the $FREQnn message variable does today
(assuming random QSY frequencies).  "R5" may be the only fraction that is
easily recognized.  It is also faster to send "R5" than any other fraction.
Omitting it entirely when appropriate saves even more time.