[WT-support] Logsync & QTCs, OmniRig Alt-F4 ?

Mario Lorenz ml-wt at vdazone.org
Sun Sep 12 14:16:00 CEST 2010

Hello Larry,

Am 12. Sep 2010, um 01:03:01 schrieb Laurent HAAS - F6FVY:

> It is a "missing feature", like you say ;-)  It never has been
> implemented, and it is not intended to do so in a very near future.
> However, we are aware of this limitation (it has been discussed several
> times on this list). You can open a bug on the flyspray, if it makes you
> feeling better, but don't expect a "bugfix" very soon.

Ah, I doubt this would help. With you not showing up in Friedrichshafen,
you already defied my evil plans of persuading you about the urgent need
of some features with beer :)

> > Also, I have been trying to set up OmniRig.
> > We have a TS 850, in WT as "Kenwood" and it works perfectly.
> > If I set it to Kenwood via OmniRig, when hitting Alt-F4 to
> > QSY back to my running frequency, it sets the frequency, but
> > switches VFOs - so I end up still at the wrong frequency.
> > Setting the frequency just by entering it as a QSO works
> > OK, so I dont think this is a OmniRig problem?
>
> According to the kenwood.ini file, it looks like Alex created it from a
> TS-570. Maybe this TRX acts a bit differently from the TS-850 ? If I
> have an opportunity, I'll check this. Tnx for your report.

Being on my next extremely busy (cough) shift on 10m, I had time to play some
more.
I observed that when using the TS 440 ini file, the switch
behavior was OK. But further investigation revealed that this is
due to the pmVfoAA/AB/BA/BB commands are defined wrong, so VFOA/B switching
from WinTest doesnt work at all.
Putting the correct commands (FR0;) in there and the wrong behavior is
back. Together with my observation that by just entering the frequency
in the callsign field I believe something must be different within
WinTest..

Best regards,

Mario

--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU