[WT-support] Logsync & QTCs, OmniRig Alt-F4 ?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 11 19:14:26 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Mario Lorenz <ml-wt at vdazone.org> wrote:

> we had some PC join the network a bit later and found that
> even though logsync gets the QSO data synchronized quickly,
> the scores still differ widely - the QTC numbers are wrong
> / not synced. This is WT 4.5.1.
> Is this a bug or a missing feature ?

I don't know, but it is possible that QTCs don't sync across the network, so
I guess you would call that a feature request.  But first, make sure
*all*computers are running the same version of Win-Test (4.5.1).

Also, I have been trying to set up OmniRig.
> We have a TS 850, in WT as "Kenwood" and it works perfectly.
> If I set it to Kenwood via OmniRig, when hitting Alt-F4 to
> QSY back to my running frequency, it sets the frequency, but
> switches VFOs - so I end up still at the wrong frequency.
> Setting the frequency just by entering it as a QSO works
> OK, so I dont think this is a OmniRig problem?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Switches" VFOs.  I just tested this with
OmniRig and a K3 and it works fine.

But, you *have* to make sure that you are in CQ mode, otherwise your CQ
frequency is never set.  When you press F1, Win-Tet marks the CQ frequency
in the bandmap in yellow, and it is clearly labeled "CQ".  That is where
Alt-F4 is going to take you after you are done working the spot, and press
Alt-F4.  If your entry box is in S&P mode (check the Clock window), press
Ctrl-Tab to restore CQ mode.   Then press F1, move the VFO, and press
Alt-F4.  Does that work or not?

One disappointing thing I just noticed, however, is that "Pass frequency to
Sub VFO B" (Alt-Double-Click) is grayed out and unavailable when using
OmniRig. :-(

Why is that?