[WT-support] WT+MKII SSB message hanging

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 11 08:31:23 CEST 2010

Oh!  I just noticed that you are using a K3 with the microHAM.  Did you
select "K3 patched" for radio type in the Router program, or just "K3"?  Try
"Patched".  Are you also using a P3 panadapter in the RS-232 line?

There are big problems using the latest microHAM Router / firmware when you
use the Win-Test K3 radio drivers:  stacked radio commands aren't handled
fast enough, and things start timing out.

Recently F6FVY added some code that should make the K3 more stable when
using microHAM boxes.  Try WT 4.6.0-dev Rev 401 or higher.

If that doesn't fix it, use OmniRig <http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig> instead
of the built-in Win-Test K3 support.  In Win-Test Interface Configuration,
change the radio type from "Elecraft K3" to "OmniRig," and uncheck COM5
(Radio 1).  Configure OmniRig for COM5 (CAT).

That may help a lot.