[WT-support] WT+MKII SSB message hanging

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 11 06:01:06 CEST 2010

Chris,

It sounds like you are using the Win-Test sound card DVK, is that right?
Which Sound Card did you specify to Win-Test, the one in your computer or
the microHAM CODEC?  There are two ways to use the MKII's sound card:  as a
Win-Test "internal DVK" sound card (record via Shift-F1), or as an "external
microHAM DVK" (record via the DVK tab in the Router software).  You cannot
use both at the same time.

It also sounds like when you recorded the message via Shift-F1, you didn't
hit Escape fast enough at the end of the message to terminate it with no
"dead air time."

What are you using for PTT?  COM port, microHAM control protocol?  Both?

I really need to see a screen shot of everything you set-up in the Router
and Win-Test to figure out what's going on.  What happens on the Ports tab
when you transmit?

I don't know what you mean by "The USB Symbol in the Windows bar".  Do you
mean the microHAM router icon in the Windows task bar?