[WT-support] WT+MKII SSB message hanging

Christian Janssen chris at dl1mgb.com
Sat Sep 11 05:13:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I wonder if anyone experienced something similar. Following setup:

K3
MKII (with RFI mod and already some ferrites in the USB line)
Router 7.7.1 (just downloaded the latest version)
WT 4.5.1
HP Compaq 615 / Windows XP Professional

I recorded the SSB message (CQ) with Shift-F1. When I press F1 some
words were played and after that nothing more (just PTT). During this
time the USB symbol in the Windows bar on the bottom left disappears and
comes back when TRX is going on RX. This is also true for low power (10
Watts). It doesn't matter if the contest recorder is on or off. Also it
happens when the external keyboard/mouse is unplugged. When the contest
recorder was activated the VU meter hangs up after the unsuccessful
message replayand you have to Ctrl-Alt-Del WT.

Any ideas?

73s Chris DL1MGB