[WT-support] Questions about MK2R+ and Win-Test setup

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee
Fri Sep 3 17:13:16 CEST 2010

I have finally taken a big step and swapped the good old EZM for MK2R+. It is all installed and so far works perfectly (have not tested in serious contest for RF, etc...). I am thrilled about the capabilities of this combo!

I have very thoroughly gone through the manual and learned every small detail about USB router and communication with Win-Test. Still, some things are unanswered. Hopefully someone smarter can explain:

1. SO2R tab and Mode selection. First, I have naturally selected "microHam control protocol on COM port". Now - is "Use simple auto mode" the right choice?? The manual or all the setup guides in internet don't say. Logically I would think I should not select simple auto mode and control protocol should do its job and give full control to WT. But without selecting this (leaving "none") the audio switching does not work from WT. MK2R+ manual then again says that "use simple auto mode" does not use advanced headphone combinations.

2. When "simple auto mode" is used MK2R+ follows WT scenarios BUT overrides them by always switching two ears to RX radio when the other radio is TXing.  I don't like this because I am not able to create a scenario in WT where one or two ears would stay on TX radio. Is this a bug/problem in the control protocol/WT?

3. What is the TLL signal on ACC port for Inhibit In. I want to use inhibit. What signal do I have to generate - ground or some voltage or what??

4. Currently I can send my own commands to MK2R+ only from scenarios. I would like to use DVK messages 8 and 9 with command $MK2R=MP8. Is it possible to let the Other messages (ALT-C) to transmit those commands. Using ByeByeCT I could generate 2 more SSB messages. WT guys, is this doable? Or any other place I could put this command other than scenarios F1-F7 and send to MK2R+?

73
Tonno
Es5tv