[WT-support] Cluster

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Oct 30 00:22:05 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM, py5eg <py5eg at iesa.com.br> wrote:

> I don´t know why I´m not able to spot the stations ALT F3  is not
> accessible
> Can someone help me
> Thanks in advance
> Oms PP5EG

If the log is completely empty, and the callsign field is blank, Alt-F3 does
*nothing*.

First, enter a callsign in the logging window, *then* press Alt-F3.  Or, log
a QSO first, then press Alt-F3 to spot that station.

You should see a small pop-up window in the middle of the screen that looks
like this:

[image: AltF3pop-up.PNG]

Press [Enter] to send the spot.

*Caution!* If your *own callsign* is on the previous line or in the logging
window when you press Alt-F3, it will end up in this spotting window.  If
you just press Enter or [Send], *every networked Win-Test computer on the
LAN* will suddenly see the following pop-up message:

[image: SelfSpotWarning.PNG]

Then when this pop-up is closed, *Win-Test will immediately terminate *and
have to be restarted by every single operator.  So don't do that!  Press *
Escape* whenever you see your own callsign in the "Spot a DX" window.