[WT-support] feature

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sat Oct 30 20:12:02 CEST 2010

Hi all..we had to enter M-2 this weekend because of a recent lightning
loss of equipment..so this was a real learning experience for us..we
designated 3 experienced op's as
contest directors...we are fortunate to have mechanical lockouts one
each of the bands with 2 rigs..i.e. 40m, 20m, 15, and 80m....but
herewith began the problems...as our contest director was cordinating
band changes and Win-Test was doing its great job of keeping up with
the 8 band changes per rig...one op hit the keyboard on 160m at about
2 pm and there happened to a callsign in the logging field left over
from last night..well we then
had band changes 9 and 10 when the run 1 station made another qso...

First a not about our hardware lockouts...they are constructed so the
Mult station will positively lock out the Run station..we use a system
of lights to alert the Run Operator that he is about to be
interuptem..green light means the Mult
station has a qso on the line a desires the air time...and an alert
Run operator will allow the interuption..however if the Mult is of
such a nature to be needed, double mult etc...then the Mult op can
become more interactive..when he transmits
he hard deselects the enable lines from the Run station and locks out
the Run station...

Could there be a system in M-2 when a green light/red light be
enabled...as a request maybe initially...and maybe be confirmed..then
the next step would be the red light whic means that the station
requesting the air time be given
the air time??

I realize this is a little rudimentary, but software would make it
much more easier to control things that any possible hardware...this
would have implications for M-S and M-2...
Opinions??

Thanks de Rick NQ4I