[WT-support] Advanced SO2R mode on phone doesn't work well right now

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:39:13 CEST 2010

Hi Bob

Yes, CW and SSB should work the same. I think we had this talk about a year
ago... :-)
My original response to this thread was just to highlight that the
caps/Shift behaviour is a feature (by definition).

I will try to check my e-mails rom 2005 when F5MZN and I were testing the
advanced SO2R specifications, BUT I remember this discussion with him.

Basically the logic behind everything was (this was 2005 specs) and still
valid for today:

caps/shif is a matter of focus to put a callsign into the secondary radio
call field (comparing to TR saves a finger alt+d versus shift)
Function keys F1,F2,... follow the focus and are sent to the highlighted
radio by caps/shift
You can overide the above line by using $TR1 or $TR2 within the messages

Now you say in your point 4 and 5
"
4.Now at this point, *after *pressing a message key, if you want send
something more, like a QSY request or a repeat, using the paddles, it works
OK, output goes to the (highlighted) secondary radio.
5However, at the same point, if you speak into the microphone, output goes
to the PRIMARY (non-highlighted) radio, and this is the bug.  CW and Phone
should work the same.
"
I agree that SSB and CW should have the very same behaviour.

The point now is, by definition
Where should any manual transmission go?
All the time to the primary radio, and it is up the op to control that with
"*"
 All the time to the primary radio, and it is up the op to control that with
"*", with the exception that after pressing a messaeg key if you send
something more, the output goes to the highlighted secondary radio

?
José
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:

> 2010/10/20 José Nunes CT1BOH <ct1boh at gmail.com>
>
>  1. Shift Key (have to keep pressing it to keep focus on the secondary
>> radio)
>> 2. Caps lock key (once it is "on" the focus in on the secondary radio and
>> remains there until the key if "off")
>> and (3. Using scripts in messagens to automatically control focus (need
>> programming scripts))
>>
>> These are features of advanced SO2R specifications!
>>

> Yes, but this is no longer working as designed on phone, if you want to
> speak something into the microphone and have it transmitted on the secondary
> radio.  That is why task #264<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=264&do=details>was opened almost a year ago.  Do you (José) agree that it is a bug?
>
> In the old days, I believe, you could press CapsLock, and F4, and then say
> something on the second radio by speaking into the mic.  That doesn't work
> any more, last time I checked.  This cannot be fixed by using $TR1 and $TR2.
>
> To review:
>
>    1. CapsLock (or Shift) changes data entry focus ONLY, to secondary
>    radio (it turns yellow)
>    2. At this point, if you speak into the mic. or use the paddles, output
>    goes to *primary* radio, NOT secondary (this is OK and by design)
>    3. Next, press a message key like F4 or F2 to send your call and
>    exchange, while the secondary radio is highlighted yellow.  This output will
>    go to the secondary radio (this is OK and by design)
>    4. Now at this point, *after *pressing a message key, if you want send
>    something more, like a QSY request or a repeat, using the paddles, it works
>    OK, output goes to the (highlighted) secondary radio.
>    5. However, at the same point, if you speak into the microphone, output
>    goes to the PRIMARY (non-highlighted) radio, and this is the bug.  CW and
>    Phone should work the same.
>
> QSL?
>
> The complexity of Win-Test's Advanced SO2R techniques for S&P and dupe
> checking on the secondary radio led me to create the "AltD" scripts, which
> require far fewer keystrokes to accomplish the same thing.  I tried to make
> it keystroke compatible with TRlog, for those who are used to it.  It works
> with or without ESM mode.
>
> Installation instructions and usage description are at
> http://bit.ly/wtscripts in AltDScripts3.zip in Readme.txt.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV

José Nunes