[WT-support] Advanced SO2R mode on phone doesn't work well right now

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Oct 21 09:24:01 CEST 2010

2010/10/20 José Nunes CT1BOH <ct1boh at gmail.com>

> The point now is, by definition
> Where should any manual transmission go?
> All the time to the primary radio, and it is up the op to control that with
> "*"

No

>  All the time to the primary radio, and it is up the op to control that
> with "*", with the exception that after pressing a messaeg key if you send
> something more, the output goes to the highlighted secondary radio

Not quite.

The output of a manual transmission (sending by paddles or speaking into the
mic.) should  go to the *last* radio where a message was sent, which can be
either the primary or secondary radio.  The star key can be used to override
this default behavior.  This works OK on CW right now, but it doesn't work
the same on phone.  It looks like we agree that this is a bug (on phone).

One of the things that make's Win-Test's Advanced SO2R feature difficult to
use is that there is no way to immediately move the paddles or mic. to the
"left" or "right" rig except to hit star, which unfortunately swaps the
windows.  Suddenly the right-hand window controls left-hand radio, the
left-hand window controls the right-hand radio, and the brain starts to get
really confused.

As I have proposed before, two symmetrical logging areas (left rig and right
rig), similar to N1MM, would make Win-Test a lot easier for SO2R operating,
I believe.

See

http://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/ProposedNewSO2RMainLoggingWindow.PNG

for one mock-up.