[WT-support] wtRotators network protocol?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 7 10:51:14 CEST 2010

Hello!

I'm a member of SSRS in southern Sweden, I'm not yet equipped with a
callsign, but an amateur at heart for many years already. We expect
to see some activity this weekend :) so it would be nice if I could
get this thing to work.

I've made my own controller for our Yaesu antenna rotor since we
don't have a GS-232. I would of course like to hook the controller
into Win-Test, but even though it would allow me to use wtRotators
as-is, I am not at all interested in emulating the GS-232 serial
protocol.

It would be significantly easier, faster and simpler for me if I
could use another protocol for the controller, and had the
information needed to write a small program that looks like, and
speaks like, wtRotators. We are not using wtRotators at all at the
moment, so there's no risk for conflicts.

In the longer term maybe wtRotators would gain support for my
controller directly, that would be ideal, but right now my focus is
on the coming contest and I can certainly whip something up quickly
enough as long as I know what the UDP messages should look like.

Can someone help me? The wiki has a lot of great information, but
very little at the level of detail I need to do this. I hope someone
can fill the gap. It seems that PstRotator and maybe also others
speak this protocol too.

Thanks

//Peter