[WT-support] microHam micro2R with WT

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun May 16 10:18:42 CEST 2010

sm5ajv at qrq.se wrote:
> I am trying to get the new microHam micro2R (SO2R) box to work with WT
> and have run into some problems.
>
> When starting CQ by pushing F1 in WT it takes about 1 second
> before the actual CW output is started. Has anyone any hint
> on how to configure this new device with WT. I am using
> the MK2R setup for the Control Port.

Please check that:

- a COM port is assigned to "Control" in Device Router. That port must
be configured accordingly in Win-Test. I don't know if the u2R protocol
is compatible with the MK2R one either. I'll ask microHAM for confirmation.

- the "Computer auto control" option must be set to "microHAM control
protocol on COM port". AFAIK, this setting only exists with SO2R interfaces.

- in MK2R/MK2R+, pay attention to activate "TRANSMIT FOCUS" on the front
panel. If not activated you will face the 1s delay problem.

Hope that helps.

Olivier / f5mzn