[WT-support] Question about point count in Reg I Fieldday

Eugene Kuznetsov mail at astrojohn.ru
Mon Jun 7 18:01:28 CEST 2010

Larry F6FVY:

> Currently, there is no difference. We just had to propose a scoring
> method for countries different from Germany and UK, and we choose the
> DARC method (no pun intended). But I'm very curious to know where you
> found the scoring you mentioned in your previous post :

>> QSO with fixed station in same continent ........... 2 points
>> QSO with fixed station in another continent ........ 3 points
>> QSO with portable/mobile stn in same continent ..... 4 points
>> QSO with portable/mobile stn in another continent .. 5 points

> What URL does it come from ?

You will be laughing, but it was copied from ZS-Rules:)
http://www.sarl.org.za/public/contests/IARU%20Region%201%20HF%20Field%20Day.pdf
It was first link in Google. Indeed, it is bad example. Sorry, I was inattentive.

Russian rules are here: http://rw3vz.qrz.ru/fieldday/
But they are in russian only. Our variant is

QSO with fixed station in same continent ........... 2 points
QSO with fixed station in another continent ........ 3 points
QSO with portable/mobile stn ....................... 4 points

Every station - /P and non-/P - may be a multiplier.
Every station may operate with each other.

Thanks to RW3VZ we have joint competition and common rules with ex-USSR
(Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Moldova, Baltic countries, etc) and
even other countries with russian-speaking HAMs but without national
FieldDay Contest Committee. You can find in russian results bulgarian
and israeli stations: http://rw3vz.qrz.ru/fieldday/2009cw.htm

> We hope to get further information on this contest soon. At least, maybe
> next year it will be OK ?

SSB-FieldDay will be held in September.

Now I see myself real scoring complication in this contest...

--
73! Eugene RK1AA