[WT-support] Updated VHF USA Database

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 09:40:31 CEST 2010

An update to my VHF_USA Databases has been uploaded to
www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/.  I'd like to thank Tim for providing a WEB Site and
File space for the Database.

This Database contains 13,816 Calls - mostly Canadian, Mexican, and US.  The
VHF_USA Database was originally developed to support Win-Test's "Report
Guessing" feature.  However I've made the Database is available in a variety
of Formats to support other Logging Software.

File Name

Description

Format

VHF_GRID_SORT_2010060602.ZIP

Calls & Grid Squares Sorted by Grid Square

Excel Format

VHF_SORT_2010060602.ZIP (Contains Following)

Calls & Grid Squares Sorted by Callsign

            VHF_SORT.TXT

ASCI Format

            VHF_SORT.XLS

Excel Format

            VHF_SORT.CSV

Comma Delimited Format

VHF_USA_2010060602.ZIP

[Labeled VHF_USA.ZIP on Win-Test WEB Site]

Calls & Grid Squares for use with Win-Test

.DTB Format - Supports Win-Test "Exchange Guessing" and Super Partial Check

VHF_USA_2010060602.DTA

Calls Only - Sorted by Call

.DTA Format - Supports Super Partial Check for CT and N1MM

Filters are first applied to the Logs to remove stations operating /Mobile,
/Portable, or /Rover to try an limit the Database to stations with a fixed
Grid Square.  Logs were obtained primarily from the June VHF Contest;
however logs from the July CQ VHF, August UHF, September and January VHF
Contests were also incorporated - newest log last.

These are provided as an AID.  They are NOT intended to substitute for the
Operator's responsibility to copy the Grid Square correctly.  This Database
is derived from Contest Logs which themselves may contain occasional errors.
Logs were obtained from stations across Canada, Mexico, and the US to try to
have as complete coverage as possible.

I would like to thank the follow fellows for providing me with logs:

K1TOL                          K5RQ                           KQ5E
K6KLY

K7CW                           K8EB                            K8MD
K9CT

K9NS                            KB3STA                        N0LL
N3UXD

N4BP                            N6QQ                           N8KOL
NJ2F

VE3KZ                          W0ETT                          W0GHZ
W1QK

W3YOZ  (W3SO)           W3ZZ   (K8GP)              W5ZN
WB8Z

WD5K                           WJ0F                            XE2WWW

In the future I would appreciate it stations would E-Mail me their Cabrillo
Logs after each VHF / UHF Contest.  Perhaps I can put out more frequent
updates.

73 * Dave, W9ZRX