[WT-support] u2R and SO2R

hank.k8dd hank.k8dd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 01:35:08 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM, hank.k8dd <hank.k8dd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Control - COM8 115200 8 N 1 PTT Pin 7 (RTS)
>>

> It is a bit unusual to put PTT on the microham Control port?  That could be
> part of the problem.

The "delayed CW" was there before I put PTT on the Control port - if I
remember back to June VHF, I added PTT *RTS* to the Control port so that
pressing F1 (CQ) would key the K3.

> Instead, I would suggest using COM1 DTR or RTS for Radio 1 PTT
> (configurable in the K3 menu CONFIG:PTT-KEY).

That is also configured in WT - PTT Pin 7 RTS on COM1

>  I don't know if the K2 has a similar feature allowing PTT on the same COM
> port as rig control.
>
> I use only the LPT port on my MK2R+ for SO2R switching, and simply do not
> tell Win-Test about the microHAM control port at all.  Then there is never
> any SO2R switching delay.

With Control on COM8 it switches radios fast ..... Just doesn't send CW for
the first 1 or 2 seconds.

And the problem goes away with multiple soft and / or cold boots / power
cycle the u2R / restart Router / and hold your breath!   It is not real
consistent.   But when it starts it's sometimes a long process before it
goes away.
And, again, this is without any changes on the PC, radios, Router or brand
of beer.

73    Hank

Fortunately the shack computer has a real LPT port that makes that possible.

> 73,
> Bob, N6TV

"I knew that God put me on this earth to be on the radio."    Ed Bradley

"Me too!"    K8DD
-