[WT-support] u2R and SO2R

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 15 00:46:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM, hank.k8dd <hank.k8dd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Control - COM8 115200 8 N 1 PTT Pin 7 (RTS)

It is a bit unusual to put PTT on the microham Control port?  That could be
part of the problem.

Instead, I would suggest using COM1 DTR or RTS for Radio 1 PTT (configurable
in the K3 menu CONFIG:PTT-KEY).  I don't know if the K2 has a similar
feature allowing PTT on the same COM port as rig control.

I use only the LPT port on my MK2R+ for SO2R switching, and simply do not
tell Win-Test about the microHAM control port at all.  Then there is never
any SO2R switching delay.  Fortunately the shack computer has a real LPT
port that makes that possible.