[WT-support] Positioning the log window

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jan 22 19:53:14 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Clive Whelan
<clive.whelan at btinternet.com>wrote:

> Before you can see the top border to be able to drag and resize the
> window, you MUST click the " restore" button on the windows task-bar,
> otherwise it's off the screen

It sounds like your screen size may not be adjusted properly, as you should
always be able to see the very bottom edge of the title bar, which you can
grab with the mouse to drag the window.

Or are you saying the Win-Test title bar goes "off the screen" whenever
Win-Test is maximized? (Right click on Win-Test icon in task bar, select
Maximize.)

Does that also happen with any other applications like Firefox?  If so, then
your screen size or monitor height adjustment is not set properly, and
portions of the Windows desktop are going to be invisible.

You can prove this by taking a snapshot of your entire desktop by pressing
Shift-PrintScreen.  Then open up Windows Paint and select Edit | Paste.  If
you see the title bar there, it means your monitor is not properly adjusted
to show the entire windows desktop, and you'll have to use the monitor's
"Vertical Height" control or "Auto" button to fix it.  It's especially easy
to get the monitor height adjustment wrong if you're using the analog VGA
port on a monitor instead of a digital DVI or HDMI port.

In other words, I don't think there's a Win-Test bug that needs to be
fixed.  Moving the title bar almost completely "off screen" is possible with
any application.  For any application that is not maximized, if you right
click on the Task Bar icon and select Move, then press the
Up/Down/Left/Right arrow keys, you can easily make the title bar visible
again.