[WT-support] Suggestion: New Win-Test windowing option: "Always on Top"

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jan 20 00:04:20 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> In these conditions, I'm not sure it helps much to have Win-Test as a
> "topmost" window. The only advantage (?) is to always see it entirely,
> and _always_ cover the other apps !
>
> Could you please elaborate on that ?

Here's the problem.  I'm running WinRad as a "click to tune" SDR interface,
in the background, behind Win-Test (only top half of WinRad window visible,
the waterfall display).  Like Win-Test, it also uses OmniRig so both apps
can now share access to my transceivers (thank you WT 4.4!)

WinRad is a full screen app. only (unfortunately).  So as soon as I click on
a signal on the waterfall display (which also moves my K3 to that same
frequency), the Win-Test window *disappears* and I have to hit Alt-Tab to
get the focus back to Win-Test, and sometimes that doesn't work because
Win-Test disappears from the task list (see task
#204<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=204>opened
19 months ago).

It would be much easier to click once to tune, then click again to move
focus back to Win-Test, without Win-Test getting covered up at all in
between clicks.