[WT-support] Suggestion: New Win-Test windowing option: "Always on Top"

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Jan 19 23:52:20 CET 2010

Hi Bob

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> Would it be difficult to implement an "Always on Top" option for Win-Test?
>
> With the new OmniRig, support I would like to click on a background
> window such WinRad to change frequencies, or click on HamCap to look at
> the propagation map, without forcing the Win-Test window to disappear
> behind it.  So an "Always on Top" option could be very helpful, as well
> as a shortcut text command such as ONTOPON/ONTOPOFF to quickly toggle modes.

I don't know exactly if and how it could be done (or not), especially at
runtime, but you must be warned that in all cases (topmost or not), the
main log window loses its focus (and Win-Test ignores further key
presses) once the window is deactivated (ie another application window
is activated by clicking in it).

In these conditions, I'm not sure it helps much to have Win-Test as a
"topmost" window. The only advantage (?) is to always see it entirely,
and _always_ cover the other apps !

Could you please elaborate on that ?