[WT-support] One more question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Dec 7 20:37:40 CET 2010

Enter Sends Message (ESM) support was added to Win-Test via a customizable
Lua script called ESM.WTS (built in to Win-Test by default, but editable and
customizable).

Unfortunately Win-Test does not provide any way for a script to get called
whenever the VFO moves, otherwise it would be trivial to automatically
switch to S&P mode when this happens.  The ESM script could be modified to
automatically switch to S&P mode whenever it is called, if the VFO A
frequency has changed compared to the prior QSO.  But then thing get
confusing.  The status will show "RUN" even though as soon as you hit Enter
it's really going to behave as if you were in ESM.  I don't know if people
really want that.

And when is the mode supposed to automatically switch back to RUN mode?

For some contests such as the NA Sprint, EU Sprint, A/P Sprint, there is no
need to automatically switch from RUN to S&P modes.  Win-Test automatically
sends the correct exchange when you hit the INSERT key.  But ESM doesn't
work well for these contests at present.

In sum, ESM mode in Win-Test is a work in progress.  At present it may not
be possible to provide 100% compatibility with TRlog and N1MM ESM support
without further enhancements to Win-Test itself, but you can get close (see
AltDScripts3.zip at http://bit.ly/wtscripts).