[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

SM6FUD sm6fud at telia.com
Thu Dec 2 20:23:05 CET 2010

Hello fellow HAM's

I'm in the same row as Pablo.

This is a really "old" issue not isolated with the use of Win-Test.
I've had quite a lot of different softwares for contesting during my years
on air.
Just skip the increase and decrease of speed in the messages using the +/-.

Working high speed in RUN does make it awkward when sudden jumps in speed
darts into a dazzling speed.

Many opr nowadays tend to go high speed CW to keep the rate at its top. As
long as the speed isn't too fast to be copied it really doesn't matter that
sudden jumps occur, does it? I figure that any operator doing CW at a such a
fast rate that copying his own sigs is allmost impossible may also feel the
nervous stretch when a sudden jump occur (what was that?).

Well, I don't care and I've had this jumping issue for years with Writelog
as well as Win-Test. I use both softwares due to some reasons. It occurs and
in between everything works perfect.

Weather transmissions from certain coast radio services (many) years ago had
a rolling speed to save transission time. That worked too!

73's - Bengt SM6FUD