[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

Pablo - EA4TX ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Thu Dec 2 11:14:12 CET 2010

Hi all,

I don't remember if it was the first time reported, but I sent an email to
this reflector on July 15, 2007 about the same problem. Some days later,
Zoli - HA1AG confirmed it.

As it has been already explained, the reason for this problem is the ++ and
-- (special commands) during a message, example ++TU-- EA4TX

If those commands (++ & --) are removed from the message, not problem is
detected any more.

I have tested 3 different WinKey interfaces and ***ALL*** them have had the
same problem: MicroHam WK or WK-2 and also WKUSB.

So since many years, I removed ++ and -- commands from all my messages.

I think that the problem is located at the WinKeyer IC, and maybe because it
lost the command for changing to the "normal speed".

73's Pablo - EA4TX