[WT-support] Garbled CW Characters

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 1 23:43:07 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM, PY2SEX - Alex <py2sex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone knwo Why I set the Recorder I could just get what I was
> listening but not my TX? I use the Signalink USB as Sound interface, and set
> all stuff with USB CODEC. Any clue?

This is a radio hardware setup issue.  Some rigs only put the CW / SSB
monitor audio on the headphone jack.  Maybe some don't put SSB monitor on
the speaker jack, to prevent feedback.  Or if your Signalink was plugged in
to the LINE OUT jack on a Yaesu rig instead of to speaker or headphones, you
will never hear yourself in the recordings, especially if you only recorded
the left audio channel on that radio (monitor signal comes out of the right
audio channel at the LINE OUT on a Yaesu rig).

Try connecting your Signalink audio cable to the speaker jack on the radio,
and connect your headphones to the Signalink MON jack.  Can you hear
yourself when you transmit?  If not, your hardware configuration does not
support recording transmitted audio.