[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 1 19:26:32 CET 2010

The fact that it was "worse" on one computer than the others indicates an
environmental issue, not a Win-Test bug.  Is that computer any slower than
the others?  Does it have less memory?  It is quite possible to get CW
glitches if you are trying to run Win-Test and WinXP SP3 on a machine with
less than 1 GB of RAM.

Were all machines using "real" serial (COM) ports for keying or LPT?  Or a
USB-to-Serial adapter?

Please describe in detail how the "speed jumped".  Did an occasional dot or
dash sound "off" or did the speed jump up 4 WPM or more, send a few letters,
then go back to normal?  Or just one letter?  Or just part of a letter?

Were *any* scripts assigned to the Alt-V key or any other key in Scripts
Manager?  I wrote an AltV script for the K3 to keep the internal keyer speed
in sync with Win-Test, but it can only do that if you never touch the speed
knob on the K3.

If you have access, please send me the .WT4 file and the WT.INI file from
the problem computer.