[WT-support] Garbled CW Characters

GALE STEWARD k3nd at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 20:15:10 CET 2010

I'm not sure that this is related to the speed jumping issue but I'll post it
anyway.

The CQWW CW was my first CW contest with WT (V4.5.1). Mine is a very simple
setup - single radio with LPT port CW keying. I notice early in the contest that
occasionally WT would send a garbled letter or possibly  speeded up for just one
character. I wasn't sure what to do at that point. When I removed my headphones,
I discovered that the PC internal speaker was active and I could hear the CW
message thru it. I typed the NOSOUND command in the logging field to turn off
the PC speaker and the problem disappeared and did not occur again for the rest
of the weekend.

This maybe be a well known fact to the experienced WT users but I thought others
might be interested.

BTW, I love WT on CW as well as on SSB!

73, Stew K3ND