[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 08:07:57 CET 2010

To echo what others have said - we also had problems with the messages
getting faster. We were NOT using an outboard keying device, the CW was
being keyed directly from the PC's. I guess that may eliminate Winkey as
being the issue? We were however using ++ and -- in the messages.

As someone previously stated, it seemed like a neat idea at one point that
the speed should increase with the QSO rate. However it all got a bit silly
when it got too fast and we had to revert to hand-keying, as altering the CW
speed would not get it back to normal.

John G4IRN
Op at P3F.