[WT-support] NAC 10 m contest problems with WT 4.5.1

fredy.neuman at posten.se fredy.neuman at posten.se
Sun Aug 8 13:19:55 CEST 2010

At SK6HD we for the first time used WT as logging progam in NAC 10 m contest last thursday. We are very happy to see this possible now. We had some problems that hopefully can be solved in WT.

The contest message contains full (6 positions) Gridsquare. The CW standard messages includes GRIDFIELD (4 positions). We made an edit in two messages and this was solved for this time.

The big problem was to get useable logfiles. This contest is 4 different one hour contests CW first hour and then SSB, FM and DIGI the coming hours. One need to send 4 different logfiles to contest log robot. To get 4 different Cabrillo files is no problems but in this contest EDI-files is nessesary. The robot don't handle Cabrillo-files. To get 4 different EDI-files from WT 4.5.1 do not seem possible. If this is made possible just as with Cabrillo-files things will be easier. We tried to get a complete EDI-file and then planed to split it manually but we did not find any EDI-file. WT seamed to maka a file but we did not find any where we wanted it to be nor at any other place. Finally we made an ADIF-file. Did export it to N1MM contest program and from the file we could get there we made quite a big job splitting and editing so we had 4 different EDI-file that could be read by the contest log robot. All seems to have worked out OK but some fixes in WT-program and it will be more easy to get things in good order next month.

73 de Fredy / SM6FKF
Op at SK6HD