[WT-support] Advanced SO2R problem

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Aug 5 11:22:42 CEST 2010

Hi Bob and Mike

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> OK I think I see the problem.  Both the ESM script embedded into
> Win-Test
> <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/API#ESM_Script_.28embedded_into_Win-Test.29>
> and the F5VIH Alternative ESM script
> <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/API#Alternative_ESM_Script_.28provided_by_F5VIH.2FSV3SJ.29>
> do:
>
> wtKeyer:Play("$INSERT");
>
> and
>
> wtKeyer:Play("$PLUS");
>
> on CW, which completely bypasses everything you set up in the Advanced
> SO2R Scenarios.

Actually, they call the "regular" INSERT and PLUS messages (not the ones
defined in scenarios). They act like the $INSERT variable in a message.

As you described (and thanks to the possibility to override the embedded
script), it's possible to mimics keypresses instead.

Honestly, I'm still wondering why I didn't use that method (keypresses)
in the embedded script for every message, while it was used for the F1 key ?

If this "new ESM script" works perfectly (in SO1R also), I will modify
and update the embedded script. That should fix the issue.

Awaiting your experimentations.