[WT-support] WT 3.xx Not taking Registration Key

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 23 23:01:28 CEST 2009

As has been mentioned here many times already, once you purchase an upgrade
to V4, you can no longer get a V3 key via automated means.  The V3 keys
don't work with V4 and vice versa.  Anyone who purchased Win-Test V3 after
about June of 2008 should have already received an email with an *automatic
free upgrade* to V4.  Those people cannot get a V3 key from the web site
either, even if they never bothered to download their free V4 upgrade.

Download and install WT 4.2.0 from http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/ (you
will need the directory password sent via email to all who upgraded --
automatically or otherwise -- back in June 2009).  Use they key you have now
with V4.2.0 and it should work fine.

You will need a different V4 key for each laptop (obtain
here<http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1870>
).

The only way to get a V3 key now may be to wait for the authors to return
from FY5.