[WT-support] Well, now it sends to 746Pro

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Thu Oct 22 19:35:46 CEST 2009

Hi Neil,

Icom uses just a single wire protocoll for cat. RTS and DTR are not
wired to the radio. Therefore, changing RTS and DTS settings shouldn´t
make any difference - and thats exactly what you are seeing.

"CI-V Transceive" is a feature Icom intruduced to control one radio with
another. Therefore, every change you do at the front panel is sent to
the serial port if it is enabled. As far as I know, this feature can be
disabled or enabled in the menu of every Icom rig.

Normally, you would enable "CI-V transceive" on your rig and in
Win-Test. Polling should be disabled, because the radio does send
frequency information as soon as you rotate the VFO dial. In occasions
where you can´t use "CI-V transceive" (it doesn´t work very well with
older Icom rigs, e.g. the IC-751A), you´ll have the disable CI-V
transceive and activate polling to query the radio for the new frequency
every 200ms or so. The use of polling and CI-V Transceice at the same
time doesn´t make any sence, at least to my knowoledge.

If your radio reacts to commands from WinTest, you got your
communication settings ok. Make sure that CI-V transceive is checked in
WinTest and enabled in your rig, and everything should work.

Hope that helps.

73s,

Matthias, DK4YJ