[WT-support] Caps Lock- ASCII code

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Oct 10 10:06:43 CEST 2009

Hi -

Clive Whelan wrote:
> Sadly Bob it did not. I have a suspicion that 20( decimal) is not
> actually an ASCII code for the key, but some kind of Visual Basic token
> but I am not sure.

Capslock has no character associated with and so has no ASCII code. 20
(14 in hexa) is the VK code for the capslock key.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/keyboard.aspx

> The situation is compounded by the fact that it is not possible to
> redefine the Caps Lock key with Tools|Redefine keyboard keys, just as
> previously the Pause key resisted such redefinition. I have no idea why
> this should be so, and once again we are in the hands of the authors to
> elucidate.

I guess that Larry is trying to deal with according to the code changes
I saw in our devel trunk. Stay tuned!

> In the meantime I'll keep commuting from WT to N1MM :-(

Enjoy!

Olivier / f5mzn