[WT-support] Caps Lock- ASCII code

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 20:47:58 CEST 2009

Hi Clive:

Could your function want a key code instead of an ASCII character?  There isn't
an ASCII character for "CAPS LOCK."

Keyboards send Scan Codes to the computer.  The Key Code
for CAPS LOCK is defined in Microsoft's specification as

key location	101/102 Enhanced Keyboard	scan 1 make	scan 1 break	scan 2 make	scan 2 brake

30	Caps Lock	3A	BA	58	F0 58

The software may want a Scan 1 code.  See

http://www.beyondlogic.org/keyboard/keybrd.htm

or

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/1/161ba512-40e2-4cc9-843a-923143f3456c/scancode.doc

73,