[WT-support] Radio data lost with K3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 7 20:37:10 CEST 2009

I have never seen this problem, but I am still running microHAM router
version 5 and older K3 FW, and I use a real LPT port for SO2R switching and
DVK funciton, instead of the microHAM Control Protocol.

When you lose the frequency data, I assume the microHAM router program still
displays the frequency OK, after you exit Win-Test to close the COM port.
That indicates a communications failure between Win-Test and the microHAM
virtual COM port (could be a Router bug).

Did you ever turn on the communications log (MON button)?  Maybe it is
filling up a buffer.  Make sure the microHAM port monitor is disabled.

I assume that you are using the K3 default values and baud rate on the COM
port:  4800,N,8,2 / Always Off / Always Off.

If the problem still occurs, I think your only option is to turn the Port
Monitor ON and try to capture the communications log at the time of the
failure.