[WT-support] FT817 rig control

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 2 20:00:43 CEST 2009

Are you pressing [Alt-F1] or [Alt-F2] to change bands, or entering a
frequency in the Win-Test main window, or pressing buttons on the radio to
change bands?  If one method works, but the other doesn't, just use the
method that works.

Are you using a real serial port for rig control (like COM1), or a virtual
COM port via a USB-to-Serial converter or microHAM device driver?  If
virtual, you may be able to capture the communications between Win-Test and
the Radio to provide useful feedback to the developers.  If real, perhaps
you could use Portmon<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx>to
capture the communications stream.

In Win-Test SETUP, after pressing the [Configure] button for the Radio's COM
port, did you press the [FT-817 Default Settings] button to configure the
COM port for 4800,N,8,2 Always Off/Always Off?

If you change the CAT RATE in the FT-817 menu from the default setting of
4800 to some other rate, Win-Test SETUP must match it.

If you checked "Don't poll", uncheck it.

Does the Win-Test Radio 1 Bandmap display the correct frequency of both
VFOs, or the word "Split"?