[WT-support] MAC keyboard - INS key is missing

Valdas, VE3VO ve3lbq at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:48:37 CET 2009

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate your help. I am just starting to use WT so it is a
learning curve for me. I just realized that now with ESM you don't even need
to use INS key anymore. Although I played with this a bit and all I was able
to do is to copy message script from INS key to one of those already defined
message keys F1 to F7.  I copied i.e. to F7 instead of having "?" and now it
acts like INS key. If I try to redefine selecting  another key i.e. "'" it
does redefine showing it in the redefine window although when I hit the new
key it does nothing. I guess I am missing something here..

73, Valdas VE3VO

I did some Google searching and found various suggestions depending on the
style of Mac keyboard:

Help Key
Home Key
Fn-m
Ctrl-Fn-m
Ctrl-Fn-Return

See this
<http://getsatisfaction.com/oreilly/topics/the_great_insert_key_mystery>
link.

Also "Command key works as the Windows key, the Option key as the Alt key,
the Help key as the Insert key, and the Clear key as the Num Lock key" from
this
<http://askville.amazon.com/Mac-keyboard-button-acts-windows-Pause-Break/Ans
werViewer.do?requestId=61154515>  link.

Whichever button Win-Test thinks is INSERT you can remap (suggestion: define
the semicolon (;) as a replacement for Insert).

If using Win-Test 4.2 or later, you can use a LUA script to do the function
of Insert, and assign the Script to any key that you like.